Blog GuidelinesThe editorial team at BlogBurst is dedicated to finding, promoting, and maintaining a selection of high-quality content based on the needs of our publishers and soon, for the needs of bloggers in the network who would also like to discover more blogs.
- Content that complements our existing customer’s web site content to enhance the reader's experience
- Unique perspectives that add a distinctive voice to feature content
- Ethical and fair writing that doesn't put the publisher in a compromising position
- Vibrant, timely/current content
- Offensive content
- Excessive spelling/grammar errors
- Excessive profanity
At this time BlogBurst requires each blog to have an XML syndication feed in a standard format such as RSS, RDF, or Atom (most blogging platforms generate usable feeds automatically). You can find more information on Wikipedia regarding RSS feeds and XML formats.
Blogs are always given full attribution with links back to the blog to drive additional traffic.
Your feed should:
- Represent full text posts
- Not contain advertising, sponsorships or other commercial information
An ideal post size is 100-450 words. Posts outside of this range may not fit well into the space available on a publisher's site and will be less likely to be picked up.
Tips and Selection Criteria
It's our goal at BlogBurst to help bloggers get published and help major media sites find the bloggers and content that will best fit their editorial needs. Simple as that. Our publishing partners are looking for bloggers that update frequently and write quality, topically focused content. If you'd like to be picked up by one of our publishers, take a good look at the writing style the site utilizes and strive to make your blog meet their style guidelines while complementing their content offering. Every publisher has their own idea of what’s “good” but the editorial team is here to connect the dots.
- The more frequently you post, the more likely a publisher will be to find you. Minimum of one top-notch post a week.
- Our publishers tell us that they are most interested in unique perspectives, make sure your blog offers a distinct voice. We don’t want novels, but we do want full-length essay-style posts with unique content.
- Stay away from posts that just link and summarize content from other sites.
- Spell-check, grammar-check, polish it up.
At this time BlogBurst requires that you provide a syndication feed in a standard XML format (RSS, Atom, etc). Most popular blogging platforms (TypePad, Blogger, Easyjournal, MovableType, WordPress, LiveJournal etc.) and FeedBurner provide compatible feeds that will work seamlessly with our system. Feeds should be full text posts and should not contain advertising, sponsorships or other commercial information.
We got answers — see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about joining the BlogBurst network.